August 11, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Ann Barilleaux, JD Bank
JD Bank Included on Bridge built by Citi Lending Platform to Expand Access to Capital for America’s Local Businesses
Jennings, LA – JD Bank is an inaugural participant in Bridge built by Citi , a new lending platform launched by global financial institution Citi to help small-to-medium- sized businesses connect online with various regional, local and community banks for loans up to $10 million. JD Bank is one of 18 banks included in the pilot along with local banks in Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, Utah, Louisiana, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
“JD Bank is honored to have been approached by Citi to participate in the Bridge built by Citi SM platform. The platform will allow JD Bank to broaden our customer base both in our current footprint and beyond,” stated Bruce W. Elder, JD Bank President and CEO. “By partnering with Citi on this initiative, we hope to strengthen our ties to those small businesses that make Louisiana’s communities strong and vibrant.”
For many small-to-medium-sized businesses in the U.S., securing a loan involves manual processes that can be time consuming. Often, they are limited to banks near their own location. Additionally, local and community banks have limited access to digital tools to reach potential borrowers, which can make it difficult to broaden their customer base.
Bridge built by Citi connects businesses with lenders in their region, enabling borrowers to interact with lenders beyond those that have a physical location nearby, and helps borrowers interact with lenders through a single, quick and easy online request. By connecting borrowers with more lenders, the platform can empower businesses with access, choice and convenience―and capital to grow their businesses.
The Bridge built by Citi platform aims to:
- Create liquidity and access to capital: Borrowers submit their information via a single, standardized form for all lenders. Lenders are provided with an access point to deploy capital.
- Modernize and automate prospecting: The platform uses technology to allow for smart and efficient prospecting which works better for both lenders and borrowers.
- Add digitization, transparency, and standardization to the loan process: Borrowers and lenders have the ability to track the loan process in real-time.
- Continue to innovate and digitize small- to medium-sized business lending: Bridge built by Citi modernizes the lending process while supporting businesses and local and regional lenders.
- Democratize the loan process for both lenders and borrowers: Enable capital access for small- to medium-sized business owners impacted by COVID-19 and populations that have historically been underserved, as well as break down legacy barriers for community, local and regional banks to provide capital to a broad range of communities.
Citi has a long-standing commitment to inclusive growth and expanding access to financial services for underserved market segments, including local business owners and entrepreneurs.
Recognizing the importance of local businesses and banks to the vitality of U.S. communities, a team within Citi Commercial Bank saw an opportunity to build a digital meeting place that would help businesses thrive by increasing and facilitating easier access to capital.
“Citi prides itself on encouraging a spirit of entrepreneurship among its employees to solve financial access issues and improve digital offerings for our clients and community partners,” explained Vanessa Colella, Citi’s Chief Innovation Officer. “The development and launch of the Bridge built by Citi platform is a great example of the power of innovation that comes from within a global institution like Citi and our ability to build a service that has the potential to change the future of business lending.”
About JD Bank
Founded in 1947, JD Bank, Louisiana’s Community Bank, offers a variety of personal and commercial lending and deposit products through both physical and digital delivery channels. JD Bank also offers both trust and investment services. JD Bank operates through 21 full service branch offices located along the Interstate 10 corridor from Lake Charles to Lafayette, Louisiana. For more information, visit www.jdbank.com or call 800-789-5159. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender