QuickBooks Web Connect for Windows Conversion Instructions
As JD Bank completes its system conversion, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data.
Please reference the dates next to each task as this information is time sensitive.
To complete these instructions, you will need your online banking User ID and Password.
You should perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your online banking connectivity may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Thank you for making these important changes!
TASK 1: Conversion Preparation
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Back Up and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest QuickBooks Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Update QuickBooks, then select Update QuickBooks and follow the instructions.
- Switch to single user mode. For instructions to switch to single user mode, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Switch to Single User Mode and follow the instructions.
- Enable Classic Mode (Register Mode).
- For instructions to enable Classic Mode (Register Mode), choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Banking Feed Modes, select Bank Feeds Modes overview, scroll down, and follow the instructions.
TASK 2: Disconnect Accounts at JD Bank on or after [10/10/2017]
- Choose the Lists menu > Chart of Accounts.
- Select the account you want to deactivate.
- Click Edit menu > Edit Account.
- Click on the Bank Feed Settings tab in the Edit Account
- Select Deactivate All Online Services and click Save & Close.
- Click OK for any dialog boxes that may appear with the deactivation.
- Repeat steps for each account to be disconnected.
TASK 3: Reconnect Accounts to JD Bank on or after [10/10/2017]
- Log in to jdbank.com and download your QuickBooks Web Connect file.
- Click File > Utilities > Import > Web Connect Files.
- If prompted for connectivity type, select Web Connect.
- Click the Import new transactions now radio button, then click OK.
- In the Select Bank Account dialog, click Use an existing QuickBooks account.
- In the corresponding drop-down list, select your QuickBooks account, and click Continue.
- Confirm the prompt by clicking OK.
- Repeat steps for each account to be reconnected.
TASK 4: Re-enable Express Mode (if necessary)
For instructions to enable Express Mode, choose Help > QuickBooks Help. Search for Banking Feed Modes, then select Bank Feed Modes overview, and follow the instructions.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THESE IMPORTANT CHANGES!