March 17, 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Ann Barilleaux, JD Bank
JD BANK CELEBRATES 75th ANNIVERSARY WITH $75,000 DONATION TO LOCAL NON-PROFITS
Jennings, LA – To commemorate our 75th Anniversary, JD Bank is pleased to announce the donation of $75,000 on behalf of our employees to 25 charitable organizations throughout Southwest Louisiana and Acadiana. Each JD Bank location selected an organization to receive a donation in celebration of this milestone anniversary. The donation was announced today by JD Bank President and CEO Bruce W. Elder.
“Our community bankers work hard throughout the year at each of our local branches, and they are also passionate about volunteering and serving the communities where they live and work. We are proud to honor them and to make this donation on their behalf to the community service organizations they have selected,” said Elder.
JD Bank employees are presenting checks to the individual non-profits in each of their communities. A list of those organizations receiving donations is attached.
JD Bank was founded on March 12, 1947, with one goal – Serve the people and communities of Jeff Davis Parish. The doors to our first branch opened in Jennings, and we have grown to serve the financial needs of 16 communities in eight parishes. “The longevity JD Bank has experienced is rare in today’s world, where banks seem to be changing names very often. We attribute our success to the individual communities and customers who write the JD Bank story. With local decision making and personalized service, we remain true to the vision our founders had 75 years ago,” added Elder.
About JD Bank
Founded in 1947, JD Bank, Louisiana’s Community Bank, offers a variety of personal and commercial lending and deposit products through both physical and digital delivery channels. JD Bank also offers both trust and investment services. JD Bank operates through 21 full service branch offices located along the Interstate 10 corridor from Lake Charles to Lafayette, Louisiana. For more information, visit www.jdbank.com or call 800-789-5159. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender
Celebrating 75 years of community service, the following organizations received a donation on behalf of JD Bank employees.
- Bayou Animal Rescue Krewe – Animal Protection and Welfare – Lake Charles
- Big Brothers Big Sisters SWLA – Youth Mentoring and Education – Lake Charles
- Calcasieu Parish 4H – Agriculture and Business Education for Youth – Lake Charles
- Care Help of Sulphur – Emergency Assistance/Food Pantry – Carylss
- Caring Hands of Jennings – Assistance for the Low to Moderate Individuals and Families – Jennings
- Colors for A Cause – Brennans Blessings – Assistance for Families of Children with Cancer – Westlake
- Every Paw Animal Rescue (EPAR) – Animal and Community Welfare – Ville Platte
- Escape from Poverty – Financial and Life Skills for Low to Moderate Income Families – Lafayette
- Eunice Community Health Center – Medical services for the low to moderate income working uninsured and underinsured – Eunice
- Faith House of Acadiana – Domestic Violence Crisis Center – Lafayette
- Firestarter Project – Iberia Chamber – Youth Leadership – New Iberia
- Friends Underwriting Rescues (FUR) – Animal Welfare Funding – Opelousas
- Girlie Girls Mentoring Program, Inc. – Youth Mentoring Program – Lake Charles
- Give-A-Wish – Grants wishes for terminally ill children – Kinder
- Iowa Senior Center – Calcasieu Council on Aging Services for Seniors – Iowa
- Jefferson Davis Council on the Aging, Inc. – Services for Seniors in need in Jeff Davis Parish – Jennings
- Lake Arthur Meal Ministry – Meals for those in Need – Lake Arthur
- Maddie’s Footprints – Help for families suffering the loss of a child – Lafayette
- Mamou Health Resources, Inc – Housing, Medication and Medical Assistance for the Low to Moderate Income – Mamou
- Project Rise – Animal Shelter Funding – New Iberia
- St. Nicholas Center – Autism Services for Youth – Lake Charles
- Sulphur Senior Center – Calcasieu Council on Aging – Services for Seniors – Sulphur
- The Community Chest – Emergency Assistance for Families in Distress – Moss Bluff
- The Family Tree – Information, Education, and Counseling Services – Lafayette